First Aid at Work (3 days)
The First Aid at Work qualification aims to create a level of competence in first aid skills for the workplace.
Book delegate places
You can confirm delegate names after you have placed your order. You will be sent an email after making this booking where you can enter delegate names.
£225.00 (ex VAT), £270.00 (inc VAT)
Be 16 years of age or older
Validity of award
Valid for 3 years and can be re-validated on a 2 day refresher course
- Ability to act safely, promptly and effectively when an emergency arises in the workplace
- Ability to administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) promptly and effectively
- Administering First Aid safely, promptly and effectively to a casualty who is unconscious, wounded or bleeding, burned or scalded, suffering from bone injury, muscle injury, joint injury, shock, eye injury, poisoned, or overcome by gas/fumes
- Transporting a casualty to safety as required by the circumstances of the workplace
- Recognition of minor illnesses and taking appropriate action
- Maintaining records and providing written information to a doctor or hospital if required
- Understanding the importance of personal hygiene in First Aid procedures
- Understanding the legal framework for First Aid provision at work
- Use of available equipment including defibrillators
- Continual assessment by the tutor
- Demonstrate the ability to administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) on an adult manikin
- Demonstrate the ability to carry out First Aid for an unconscious casualty
- Demonstrate the ability to carry out First Aid for a workplace emergency situation
- Complete 2 worksheets during the course
There is an optional recommendation of attending a short First Aid refresher course annually. This course is held in a central Cardiff location.