Book Online - First Aid at Work (3 days)
This accredited and comprehensive First Aid training course covers a wide range of practical skills which can be used within a workplace first aid situation. It is suitable for people working in higher risk environments. If you are in a lower risk environment then see our Emergency First Aid At Work 1 day course.
After booking this First Aid training course you will be sent an email where you should enter delegate names.
£225.00 (ex VAT), £270.00 (inc VAT)
Be 16 years of age or older
Validity of award
Valid for 3 years and can be re-validated on a 2 day refresher course
- Ability to act safely, promptly and effectively when an emergency arises in the workplace
- Ability to administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) promptly and effectively
- Safe application and use of an AED (Automated External Defibrillator)
- Administering First Aid safely, promptly and effectively to a casualty who is unconscious, wounded or bleeding, burned or scalded, suffering from bone injury, muscle injury, joint injury, shock, eye injury, poisoned, or overcome by gas/fumes
- Transporting a casualty to safety as required by the circumstances of the workplace
- Recognition of minor illnesses and taking appropriate action
- Maintaining records and providing written information to a doctor or hospital if required
- Understanding the importance of personal hygiene in First Aid procedures
- Understanding the legal framework for First Aid provision at work
- Use of available equipment
- Continual assessment by the tutor
- Demonstrate the ability to administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) on an adult manikin
- Demonstrate the ability to carry out First Aid for an unconscious casualty
- Demonstrate the ability to carry out First Aid for a workplace emergency situation
- Complete 2 worksheets during the course
There is an optional recommendation of attending a short First Aid refresher course annually. This course is held in a central Cardiff location.