Emergency First Aid at Work (1 day)
Enables a candidate to be able to act as an appointed person to take charge of the first aid arrangements, including looking after the equipment and facilities and calling the Emergency Medical Services when required.
Book delegate places
You can confirm delegate names after you have placed your order. You will be sent an email after making this booking where you can enter delegate names.
£85.00 (ex VAT) , £102.00 (inc VAT)
Be 16 years of age or older
Validity of award
This qualification is valid for 3 years.
- Understanding the importance of preventing cross-infection
- Understanding the need for recording incidents and actions
- Use of available equipment including defibrillators
- Assessing the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- Administering first aid to a casualty who is unconscious, having a seizure, choking, wounded and bleeding or suffering from shock
- Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Provide first aid care to a casualty for minor injuries including small cuts, grazes, bruises, minor burns, scalds and small splinters
- Continual assessment by the tutor
- Complete a worksheet during the course
There is an optional recommendation of attending a short First Aid Refresher annually. This course is held in a central Cardiff location.