Emergency First Aid at Work (1 day)
This accredited First Aid training course will teach you how to deliver basic First Aid in emergency situations, including how to perform CPR and use a defibrillator. It is suitable for people working in lower risk environments. If you are a higher risk environment then see our more detailed First Aid At Work 3 day course.
At a glance
St. David's Dewi Sant Shopping Centre, Cardiff
Cost per person
£85.00 (ex VAT) , £102.00 (inc VAT)
Be 16 years of age or older
Validity of award
This qualification is valid for 3 years.
- Understanding the importance of preventing cross-infection
- Understanding the need for recording incidents and actions
- Safe application and use of an AED (Automated External Defibrillator)
- Assessing the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- Administering first aid to a casualty who is unconscious, having a seizure, choking, wounded and bleeding or suffering from shock
- Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Provide first aid care to a casualty for minor injuries including small cuts, grazes, bruises, minor burns, scalds and small splinters
- Continual assessment by the tutor
- Complete a worksheet during the course
There is an optional recommendation of attending a short First Aid Refresher annually. This course is held in a central Cardiff location.